I've had the dubious pleasure of spending more time than I ever want in Salford's incongruous Lowry Outlet Mall shopping centre.
Now, I'm not expecting them to play Venetian Snares' greatest hits, but I have a slight issue with their muzak playlist.
Here is a typical hour in the Lowry Outlet Mall. See what you think. Have they missed anything? Could this list be any better?
- Shapeshifters: Lola's Theme (pictured)
- Sade: No Ordinary Love
- Sixpence None The Richer: Kiss Me
- Katie Melua: The Closest Thing To Crazy
- an advert for the Cadbury shop ("have a refeshing cold schnapple")
- All Saints: I Know Where It's At (mixed bizarrely with The Platters' Only You, probably coming from another shop)
- Christina Aguilera: Beautiful
- Michelle McManus: All This Time
- Kylie Minogue: Spinning Around
- Robbie Williams: Misunderstood
- Zoë: Sunshine On A Rainy Day
- Elton John: Are You Ready For Love ("yes I am, OH yeh!" reminding me of all the extra vocal bits Smash Hits used to print on their lyrics pages)
- Chicane: Offshore
- Janet Jackson: Runaway