Aug 31, 2012

Video: "Orbital sample Stephen Hawking"




I don't know where to begin. Underworld's music for the Olympic opening ceremony had me teary-eyed and gobsmacked. It led to a gushy post a month ago in which all I could write about was toast.

And now Orbital at the Paralympic opening ceremony. With Stephen Hawking. Wearing Orbital glasses.

Truly speechless. Between the two ceremonies, 38 million viewers got to see my favourite bands. And that's not counting the many millions more beyond our borders.

Apparently some sport is happening too.

My gob is thoroughly smacked..

Further Fats: My review of Wonky, which includes Where Is It Going, used in the above clip.

3 comments:

Tim F said...

Bollocks. You told me your favourite bands were Bachman-Turner Overdrive and the Nolans.

Fat Roland said...

You must have misheard. I said Do The Bartman, Turn by Travis, Ocean Drive and, er, the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack.

JEEZ, that comment was difficult to work out.

steve collins said...

yes that's my gobsmacked moment too. and so confrontational. i was wondering how many countries felt unable to show this sequence. i was wondering how comfortable the athletes were with it [those that could speak english or latin]. or maybe that's just because i'm old enough to remember when it was really bad to misuse the word spastic.