Dec 12, 2005

Lines and lines and lines and lines


"Lines and lines and lines and lines," said Tubbs, crumpling the map in confusion.

We had plenty of lines at Cord bar last Wednesday, and Kate Moss wasn't even there. Every three months I help run an evening of electronic music and abstract visuals at Cord Bar in Manchester's trendy Northern Quarter. The night is called II (Two) and it has now been running for a year. Our theme this time around was 80s/electronica and much of what we did was inspired by the dull but strangely appealing 1980s sci-fi flick Tron.

We had DJs and visuals and a Pac Man game and Operation. Plenty of beer was drunk and the Operation patient was buzzed muchly. I think it was a resounding success, so thanks has to go to Fil and Kolyn for the visuals, music and, er, the scary no-eyed mask. Thanks be to the gods that are Sometimes Records, particularly Maroogally and Pachuco for DJing.

If anyone has photos of the electrical tape we used to make the floor look like a Tron 'circuit', please let me know. Meanwhile, here is a list of tunes that Kolyn, Fil and I played. It's in alphabetical order by artist, just like my CD collection.

AFX - Arched Maid Via RDJ
DAF - Satellite
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Fad Gadget - Ricky’s Hand
Flanger - Bosco’s Disposable Driver
Forgemaster - Track With No Name
Four Tet - She Moves She
Japan - Visions Of China
Kraftwerk - Numbers (pictured above)
Landscape - Einstein-A-Go-Go
Leila - Don’t Fall Asleep
Manitoba - Tits + Ass: The Great Canadian Weekend
Max Tundra - Ink Me
Mu-ziq - Brace Yourself Jason
Mu-ziq - My Little Beautiful
OMD - ABC Auto Industry
Small Rocks - Clodhopper
The Normal - Warm Leatherette
To Rococo Rot - I Wanted To Meet Him
Tricky Disco - Tricky Disco (Plone Mix)
Tuff Little Unit - Join The Future
Vector Lovers - Girl + Robot
Venetian Snares - Marty’s Tardis
Wauvenfold - Tri Gard
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Computer Games

"You lied to me Edward," wailed Tubbs. "You lied to me. There is a Swansea..."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was very sorry not to come, particularly after so looking forwrd to the 80s theme.

However, I hurt my back a little and slept badly and felt VERY pathetic.

So, not wanting to spoil the party (which I would have by wandering round looking sad and not managing to talk to anyone and possibly crying at some point) I decided to stay at home. And wander round looking sad, not talking to anyone and, quite possibly, crying.