Dec 30, 2013

End-of-year list and the future of this blog


2013 will be remembered for two things.

Firstly, it was the year that PJ & Duncan scored their first ever number one single. I wish I was joking.

Secondly, it was the year that Fat Roland On Electronica fell flat on its face. My frequency of posting has been glacial. That's because I've been writing lots of fiction and submitting things to the likes of Electronic Sound - neither of which would have happened if this blog hadn't been a success.

So I propose to do two things.

Firstly, tomorrow I will produce one blog post: a condensed version of my usual top ten albums of the year. I will produce it in 'live blog' format, so I'll start it in the morning, then blue-tac on additions throughout the day until my top ten list is complete. It will grow before your eyes, like a cheerful tumour. Follow the latest updates on Twitter.

Secondly, from January 1st, this blog will-- (Edit: not just become a personal blog, but become the brand new Netloafer!). All this means is, I will combine my music witterings featured here with my fiction-writing witterings (currently on a different site). This blog will adopt a new name. Geoffrey, perhaps. Or Susan. On second thoughts, I'll keep 'Fat Roland' in the title. (Edit: it's Netloafer. As you can now see.)

It will take a few days to redesign the blog. Any other blogs I have will be decomissioned (you have to get written consent from the Queen, apparently) and combined with this one. My other alternative was to knock blogging on the head, but I don't want to do that because my ego won't let me.

The change in this blog will provoke in you two distinct reactions:

Firstly, as the new design becomes apparent, you will vomit with joy and keep vomiting for the entirety of 2014.

Secondly, as my music readers are faced with fiction writing and my fiction fans are faced with music writing, you will realise that this whole new-look blog has fallen between a rock and a hard place.

And it shall be decreed that the rock shall be named PJ and the hard placed shall be called Duncan. Psyche.

Further Fats: Best albums of 2012

No comments: