Jul 30, 2010

Is Brian Eno really teaming up with Warp Records?

Edit: Since I posted this post, the question has been answered. Yes indeed, Brian Eno is getting in bed with the Warp clan. Read more here.

Brian Eno will release a solo album through Warp Records some time in the autumn, according to this tentative piece on Exclaim News.

Brian certainly seems to like Warp Records and once described Battles as "the best thing I’ve heard in ten years". That makes sense when you think, like me, that there's something of the Nerve Net about the New York math rockers.

You don't need me to tell you that Warp owes a massive debt to Brian's music and the bands he has been in.

Eno chose not to tour with the latest incarnation of Roxy Music because he'd rather do "new things". Has this bent for exploration given us a musical marriage made in ambient heaven? Watch this space.

(Sorry I can't post more. You'll just have to make do with me declaring Eno to be the Best Inventor in my alternative Oscar race - oh and with my perennial favourite, the Bri Chart.)

3 comments:

Nibs said...

*sticky trousers

Fat Roland said...

Funnily enough, that's the name of the album.

Nibs said...

haha, now that really would be awesome