Jun 15, 2017

Top 10 bestest Orbital tracks


You know about comfort eating, right? The baggy jumpers of the food world? Ice cream, pasta, pizza, nettles, that kind of thing?

This is like that, but with my favourite Orbital studio tracks. Here is a very imperfect top ten Orbital tracks.

I've generally stuck to main album content, so no Naked And The Dead, US remixes or soundtrack stuff. And you'll notice I've missed off Chime, Halcyon and Impact because they're probably best saved for a 'best live tracks' post. That said, the final track in this listing is a roof-raiser.

I also tried to lay off 1993's brown album - mostly - because if I was really following my heart, that would be the entire top ten.

This is in alphabetical order because this is like choosing my favourite child, and I don't want to tell little Timmy that he's the one sleeping in the coal shed tonight.

Here goes...

Belfast (1991)



The Box (1996)



Funny Break (One Is Enough) (2001)



The Girl With The Sun In Her Head (1996)



I Wish I Had Duck Feet (1994)



New France (2012)



One Perfect Sunrise (2004)



Remind (1993)



Style (1999)



Where Is It Going? (2012)


No comments: