Here's a quiz for you, readers. All you have to do is solve these band anagrams.
Some of them are big chart-toppers. Some of them are more obscure. They date from present day back to ye olden days (i.e. 1960s). They cover various musical genres.
Each name is followed by two numbers: the number of words in their name, and the year they scored their first UK chart hit.
> If a name begins with "The", I have not included this in the anagram or the wordcount.
> If there is a "the" later on in the name, this is included.
> If a name contains a "&", I have converted this to "and".
> If they've never had a UK hit single, instead of a year I have included a ~decade~ in which they first became well known(ish).
Good luck! Read the answers in a separate tab here.
1. ALL HAD HATED MANSERVANT (4, 1964)
2. CUDDLY SNOT MESS (2, 2004)
3. FALAFEL LOGO SUCKS (4, 1982)
4. HALF-HEARTED MINCE NONCE (4, 2008)
5. I'D HATE STREAKING PUFFIN LIAR (4, ~2000s~)
6. LUSTY SODS CLAP (2, 2005)
7. ME CEDED HOPE (2, 1981)
8. PART-SIGHED (2, ~2010s~)
9. RATE HERPES ASS-KISS (2, 1989)
10. SALT SNAIL (2, 1997)
11. SKIN-SHAMING PUMPS (2, 1992)
12. THEY POP BOSS (3, 1985)
See the answers here.