Aug 23, 2007

There's an erroneous glitch in the space / time continuum, and it just so happens to be in Cheltenham

Glitchbelt logo

So I've been a smidgeon busy with things and stuff and that, but normal blog action will be resumed when the holiday season is over in September.

Meanwhile, the flood-hit plains of Cheltenham are next in the Fat Roland diary. I will be hosting Glitchbelt, an hour of electronic musing at the Greenbelt Arts Festival, in the New Forms cafe this Sunday from 9pm.

Glitch is a sub-genre of electronica / IDM. Wikipedia describes it as "comprised of glitches, clicks, scratches, and otherwise 'erroneously' produced or sounding noise". So expect me to get erroneous with the likes of Gescom, Pole and The Books, as well as new material from the Vector Lovers.

Must go. I'm counting the pockets n my new rucksack, and I'm up to four so far.

Edit: You had better read the next post...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate

Thought you might be interested in this free event at Mint Lounge. Spread the word!
http://www.futuresonic.com/07/tenorion/tenorion.html

Cheers
J

Anonymous said...

Eyan - Been trying to get hold of you. JP gave me email address that bounces back. rebekah.ottaway@menmediasales.co.uk

Fat Roland said...

Rebekah, good to hear from you. I've sent you an email.

J, I'm always happy to hear about what's going on, and to be honest you had me at "16 x 16 LED button matrix performance controller". Right up my cul-de-sac, so I'm gonna come down.

Sarah said...

Shouldn't your blog say "Glitch is a sub-genre of electonica which I HAVE MADE UP"? I think it's time to tell the truth about all these fancy words you keep coming out with...