Dec 30, 2021

Best electronic music albums 2021: an update

Hello, reader. We are halfway through my blogging marathon of my bestest toppest electronic music albums of 2021.

Of my original 90 albums on my list, 60 have come and gone. Jon Hopkins went off to live in a cave, Caro C got her rocks on, Ulrich Schnauss was a "neon pink hallucination" and Jana Rush inadvertently made me reveal something disturbing about me and a science lab.

I expect you to have listened to all 60 of those albums by now. There will be a written exam on the way out.

What's next? I'll now get into the top 30 best electronic albums of 2021. As explained in my introductory blog post, albums will continue to be grouped together rather than have specific chart numbers assigned. I'll do a bunch of Top 30s, then a bunch of Top 10s - and then the all-important number one Best Electronic Album of 2021.

Can you cope with the pressure? Here, breathe into this paper bag. Here, have a good squeeze of this stress ball. Here, stroke this fluffy kitten. Here, put your finger into this tube marked 'Instant Shock Device 69.0'. Aaaaand relax.

More albums to come. I might do some more tonight, or I might wait until tomorrow. I dunno. I've been writing since 8am and I'm a bit tired. In any case, you can follow all of this on the 'best albums of 2021' label on this blog. Treat!

No comments: