May 31, 2019

Fat Roland's top ten comfort listens - 8: Kiasmos's Kiasmos


Number 8 in my top ten comfort-listens is Kiasmos's Kiasmos

Album name: Kiasmos

Artist: Kiasmos

Who they sound like according to Spotify's recommendations: Rival Consoles, Max Cooper, Jon Hopkins

Most comforting musical element: The sheer musicality of their classical influences

Least comforting musical element: The fact that I used this as intro music at my 2015 Edinburgh Fringe show, which was such an intense experience I have only just started to listen to this album again

What it's like being smothered by (in a good way): The endless stares of arm-crossed audience members with furrowed brows that suggest their one burning thought: "well, this is NOTHING like Michael McIntyre"... and then it turns out they quite liked it

Comfort food it should be paired with: A plate of deep-fried chips that's been marked up £3 because it's the Edinburgh Fringe

Public figure I would recommend this album to so they can chill the heck out: MICHAEL CRAPPING MCINTYRE

What the opposite of this album sounds like: My forthcoming 2019 Edinburgh Fringe show Seven Inch, showing 1.15pm every day at the News Room from August 1st to 13th (see what I did there?)

Click here to see the comfort listening series in full.

No comments: