Dec 24, 2009

Donner and blitzen, reviews and previews


I'd like to wish all my readers a happy Winterval Jesustide. May the fat beardy man drop all manner of goodies down your chimney.

The next week-ish on this blog will be dedicated to two things.

Firstly, my review of the year will take a broad stagger into the china shop of 2009 in the hope of not breaking everything. I will foist upon you my favourite albums of this year, my final list of favourite films of the last 12 months and a few other silly goodies too.

And following the success of a similar post at the start of this year, I'll also bring you my preview of the best electronica releases likely to stumble into our eardrums in 2010. It might not be comprehensive, but there's a hell of a lot to talk about and it has taken me about a month to compile, so if you don't read it, I'm slashing your tyres.

If you don't want to miss all this, then pop this site into your Google reader / intravenous drip. See you on the other side of the inevitable frozen turkey / candles / Christmas tree disaster.

(Picture of Manchester's town hall Santa from my recently revived photo blog.)

4 comments:

jpm said...

donner and kebab, more like...

Fat Roland said...

How do *you* know what I'm having for Christmas dinner?

steve said...

Nice! I'm still working on my "best of 2009" lp list, only because I'm still getting cds from this year, so sometime in January. All the best to you in the meantime!

Fat Roland said...

Look forward to it Steve. Thanks for following my blog in 2009!