Dec 30, 2018

Best electronic albums of 2018: fifteen

15 – Rejoicer – Energy Dreams (Stones Throw)

In a year in which every news alert felt like shoving your face into a blender, this debut Stones Throw album from Israel’s Yuvi Havkin is a sound for sore ears.

Rejoicer makes blissed-out beats that seem to stretch out across time. Shuffling rhythms, shimmering keys, languid orchestration. There’s proper instruments. People are playing things. Actual things.

This album made me feel refined. It made me want to wear a cravat and a pair of spats. Walk down the street with my head held high, saying how-do to gentlemen and dalmations.

I didn’t do that. I’m writing this in my pants, snorting some black crumbs I scraped from the furnace end of my oven. Don’t judge me. DON’T JUDGE ME.



Scroll all of the best 2018 electronic albums by clicking here.

No comments: