Dec 27, 2018

Che Guevara and Debussy to a


Sorry.

Christmas was good, wasn't it. We all played Ludo and wore novelty trousers and did a jigsaw of a horse. Santa Claus got stuck in the chimney, but it's alright because we fed him mince pies on the end of a broom. I hope your Chrimbo was somewhere between tolerable and alright.

It's now that strange post-Christmas-tree week, a scorched copse of ruined routines and threatening promises. Too much food, too little exercise. Go easy on yourself, chums. It's a dawdle, not a sprint.

Me? I lose myself in little projects at this time of year. Nothing overwhelming - just silly distractions to brighten the bleak midwinter. My current project is my albums of the year list, a predictable yet essential part of this blog which will unfurl here over the next few days.

Watch this space.



Further Fats: Tend the tables, broom the rats out for me (2009)

Further Fats: Fat Roland at Christmas (2015)

No comments: