Dec 30, 2018

Best electronic albums of 2018: twenty

20 – The Prodigy – No Tourists (Take Me To The Hospital)

The other day, I rounded the frozen peas isle in Aldi and a group of 102-year-olds set upon me, zimmer frames bashing my shins, false teeth nibbling my nose.

That didn’t happen, but I would imagine this is what the Prodigy’s seventh album felt like to some people. Surely their temper has been tempered with age?

Liam Howlett originally intended No Tourists to be an EP, but the electronic angst flowed out of him. Just listen to the furious saw lead of Light Up The Sky, or the cheeky f-bomb in Boom Boom Tap.

This is the Prodigy at their naughtiest and freshest, and although we’ll never get the Jilted Generation back, this older generation still has some bite.



Scroll all of the best 2018 electronic albums by clicking here.

No comments: