Dec 31, 2018

Best electronic albums of 2018: ten

10 – Vester Koza – loader mither (Houndstooth)

“This shed business -- it doesn't really matter. The sheds aren't important. A few friends call me Two Sheds and that's all there is to it.”

That, my readers, is a quote from the Monty Python sketch Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson, and indeed the creaking sound on arthur two sheds on Vester Koza’s debut album could indeed be a rusted shed door.

There’s also a nod to Squarepusher’s My Red Hot Car in my well crap car – mardy mix. This Cheshire producer isn’t taking things too seriously.

Why top ten? loader mither quickly became go-to ear-food for me, especially the hollow percussion of taped over the courtyard mix: it's got a kind of giddiness that became a personal theme for me in the latter part of this year. The whole album is ear-worm after ear-worm.

“Get your own arts program, you fairy!”

Alright, calm down.



Scroll all of the best 2018 electronic albums by clicking here.

No comments: