Dec 31, 2017

Best electronic albums of 2017: sixteen

16 – Ziúr – U Feel Anything? (Planet Mu)

I like the cold. When I’m blue-skinned and goose-bumped, I think “I’m feeling something: I must be alive”.

That's an admission I made in Electronic Sound when reviewing this album, and it's true. I'm the kind of idiot who will stand out in the rain because the freezing sogginess of my clothes sticking to my skin reminds me that I am human and I can feel things.

It comes as no surprise, then, that I connected with the collage of noises on U Feel Anything? Broken voices and snagged mechanics pepper electronic interludes that spin from ambience to pop to footwork to, simply, noise.

There are hooks aplenty, but the cut-and-paste structure means one moment you feel enveloped, the next moment you feel abandoned. Part of the fun here is the thrill of the chase.



Scroll all of the best 2017 electronic albums by clicking here.

No comments: